The ADRU is presently conducting the following clinical studies:
BIOMARKERS STUDIES FOR EARLY DIAGNOSIS OF ALZHEIMER”S DISEASE:
1. MK 0000-261-00 A Study to Assess the Feasibility, Sensitivity and Specificity of CSF Collection for Assays of Alzheimer’s Disease Biomarkers (Protocol 0000-261-00).
This project is recruiting normal healthy individuals and patients with Alzheimer’s disease. The aim of this study is to advance analytical tests needed to diagnose Alzheimer’s dementia. This study involves neuropsychological assessments and a lumbar puncture. There are evidences that examination of cerebrospinal fluid provides the earliest indicators of AD pathophysiology.
2. China Canada Consortium for Early Onset Familial Alzheimer’s Disease (EOFAD).
This project is recruiting families with high load of Alzheimer’s disease patients and early onset dementia. The aim of this study is to discover biomarkers sensitive to early phases of Alzheimer’s disease.
3. Glutamatergic abnormalities in Alzheimer’s disease;
This project is recruiting normal healthy individuals and patients with Mild Cognitive impairment (MCI). The aim of this study is to advance analytical tests needed to diagnose Alzheimer’s dementia. This study involves neuropsychological assessments, amyloid imaging, high resolution MRIs, a new PET scan for Alzheimer’s disease.
NEW TREATMENT STUDIES FOR ALZHEIMERS DISEASE:
1. CL2-38093-012 Efficacy and Safety of Efficacy and safety of 3 doses of S 38093 (2, 5 and 20 mg/day) versus placebo, in co-administration with donepezil (10 mg/day) in patients with moderate Alzheimer’s Disease
2. A00-M115-12A “Long-Term Safety and Tolerability of ABT-126 in Subjects with Mild‑to-Moderate Alzheimer's Disease on Stable Doses of Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitors: An Open-Label Extension Study for Subjects Completing Study M11-793" (Protocol M11-428)
NEW TREATMENT STUDIES FOR FRONTO TEMPORAL DEMENTIA:
1. TRx-237-007 A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Randomized, Parallel Group, 12-Month Safety and Efficacy Trial of Leuco-methylthioninium bis(hydromethanesulfonate) in Subjects with Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia (bvFTD)
This project will be recruiting patients with Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia (bvFTD). In brief, this study will investigate whether a methylene blue derivative can arrest the progression Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia. This study involves cclinical assessments and drug trials.